Thursday, August 6, 2009

The World's Most Dangerous Bachelor Party

So the Sunday before my wedding, my wife (to be) sent me down to Northfield to pick up my best man so we could hang out for a few hours. After that, I would meet up with my wife (to be) so we could spend the evening reflecting on the year we had been together; her idea, not mine.

But when I pulled up to my best man's house, I found myself surrounded by all my friends, my father, my brother in law, and my (future) father in law. I was promptly given a shot gun and told to shoot the many clay pigeons that were being flung out into the field.

Photobucket

Just to be clear, I do not take lightly the fact that my father in law brought his own gun to the party, nor that he was the best shot there. Tony, point taken.

This is exactly what I wanted for my bachelor party, a bunch of good friends, a bunch of guns, ammo, and clay pigeons. To be fair, when I called my wife, she confirmed that our night of reflection and introspection was all a clever distraction.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment